So you’ve got your registration in order. Your passes are sitting safely in your multi-coded security safe. You’ve booked your plane tickets and/or hotel rooms. You are eagerly awaiting TransWorld like a kid before Halloween. Ready to pounce and react. But have you thought about what you’re going to do when visions of zombies and bloody corpses aren’t dancing in your head? St.Louis is a wonderful city with soul and spirit and this would be a wonderful opportunity to explore all those things. Here are some ideas to help get you started.
- Go to InSane sHane’s Party: Thursday night. It starts at 7:30 pm. And it’s at the Renaissance Grand Hotel Crystal Ball Room. $95 a person. With many extra benefits.
- Go watch the Shock Illusionist Dan Sperry. Friday night. A 7:00 pm show and a 11:00 pm show.
- Go up inside the Arch. Daily Tours. 9-5 pm. Not sure of the price. But who doesn’t want to go to the top of the Arch?
- Go to a casino. Lumiere Place or Harrah’s. The two closest one’s. Make sure you save some money for buying props.
- Get your party on at The Landing. A historical area on the riverfront with pure charm and entertainment. Food, drinks, music, and people like you.
- TransWorld’s Opening Night Industry Party. Thursday night. 5:3o-7:30. Free with your registration.
- Haunted House Behind the Scene Tour: The Darkness, Terror Visions 3D and Lemp Brewery. Thursday 7:30-10:30 pm.
- Haunted Attraction Association Auction & Party: Friday night. 5:30-7:30pm. Free to attend and bid on all types of haunt stuff.
- The City Museum. Anyone with an imagination has to see this place. They are even open until 1 am on Friday and Saturday night.
- Go eat at Pappy’s Smokehouse or Bogart’s Smokehouse! You can’t leave St.Louis without eating real St.Louis BBQ. Or an order of toasted ravioli and gooey butter cake.
I want to give thanks to Lauren Lobosky for her input on this post. A St.Louis resident, Rotting Flesh Radio Casket Crew Member, and fellow Haunter. See you at the party sister!