In this episode of HaunTopic Radio, we bring ‘some’ of the West Coast Haunt Events to you! In Salem, Oregon from the West Coast Haunter’s Convention with Ed Roberts and Reno, Nevada from Haunt X with Garrett Call. Two great shows all in one podcast!
Haunt X is a haunter’s retreat for Halloween lovers, pro haunters, and home haunters. It is located in Reno, Nevada at the Circus Circus on May 9-11.
We interview Garrett Call, the new owner of Haunt X, and get the scoop on how the gathering has changed under his guidance and what you can expect from the trade show and all of the events taking place. With low-cost room rates and price friendly packages, this show would make a great Haunter’s vacation!
The West Coast Haunters Convention is located in Salem, Oregon at the DoubleTree Hotel on May 15-18, 2014. This is a haunters convention for all; whether you are a pro haunter, home haunter, or Halloween enthusiast. The WCHC is a 501(c)3 organization that uses it’s profits to give grants to professionals who work with children with hearing impairments and/or autism.
We interview Ed Roberts, founder of the West Coast Haunters Convention and The Nightmare Factory Haunted House, about what’s new for the trade show, education, and entertainment this year.
Haunt X: Haunter’s Retreat & Trade Show
Thursday 5/8/2104 – Advanced education classes / Pre-show warm-up party / Paranormal tour in historic Virginia City
Friday 5/9/2014 – Trade show / Workshops / Seminars / Pub crawl & scavenger hunt
Saturday 5/10/2014 – Trade show / Workshops / Seminars / Circus of the Damned Masquerade Ball
Sunday 5/11/2014 – Trade show / Workshops / Seminars /‘Grave’yard sale & swap meet / Wind down pizza & beer movie night
The West Coast Haunter’s Convention
There will be over 40 hours of classes and workshop over 3 days. All three days will showcase a large selection of vendors in the exhibit hall.
- A VIP Combo ticket costs $114 in advance or $119 at the door. It includes 3-day pass, Costume Ball, Haunt Tour, and T-Shirt.
- A 3 day pass is $49 in advance or $55 at the door
- One day pass is $30 per day in advance or $35 at the door.
- The West Coast Haunters Costume Ball starts at 9pm on Saturday. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door.
- A special viewing of Rocky Horror Picture Show Thursday evening at the Clinton Street Theater. Tickets are $10 and prop bags are $5 per person.
- On Friday evening is a tour of Milburn Manor Haunted house. Tickets are $35 and includes food and transportation. Buses leave at 7pm.
- VIP’s this year are Roy Wooly, RJ Haddy, and Nix Herrera from Face Off and Jesse Lagers from Hero’s of Cosplay.
- The Davis Graveyard will be teaching a How to work with a creative team seminar on Friday 1-2pm and a Foam texturing demo Saturday 1-2. They will also be on a Home Haunters Panel Sunday at 11am.
To save money buy your tickets in advance.
Click here to register for the West Coast Haunters Convention
Haunt Topics in This Episode:
- West Coast Haunters Convention Website
- Haunt X Website
- Online training classes for Haunters
- Sam Haynes Music– 30% OFF with code GHOSTS
The WINNERS ARE: George (simplePC), Johnf3, and Dan Nurczyk! You must be a member of The Haunter’s Toolbox Newsletter to win next time. It’s FREE. Sign Up Here.
We gave away….
(2) Rust Kits from Brutal Rust
(1) Slaughterhouse Package from Stabbing House
How did you like this podcast episode? Leave a comment or share it with your friends.